The match engine team at our studio are looking for a talented software engineer to enhance our animation engine and help us take our football match simulation to the next level. The match engine team are responsible for the technological advancements of our state-of-the-art in-house engine which simulates and visualises football matches.
You will join a passionate and flourishing team who care deeply about the realism and visual quality of the match simulation in our games.
As part of this team, you will be working on our animation engine, which is used across multiple projects and products for visualising matches in 3D. Your focus will be on improving the visuals of our match engine by improving motion and animation and you will be a key member involved with researching and implementing the required technologies to achieve this goal. You will also have the opportunity to develop our physics system and our internal animation tooling. You will be collaborating closely with our animators, artists, quality assurance and match AI engineers.
You will be an important part of driving the direction and realism of our animation and the visual experiences within the match experience that our users have in our products, and you have full input into the team specifically as well as the studio generally with the opportunity to voice your ideas and suggestions.
Our match simulation and animation engine is shared across multiple products and is a critical part of the games we make, and you will consider challenges involving the match experience across several platforms, primarily on mobile devices.
We are looking for self-motivated people with good communication skills who can complete work independently as well as part of a team.
- Develop, extend, improve, and maintain our code base, workflows, and tools.
- Work closely and iterate with our animation, match engine AI, graphics, and internal tools, to continuously improve the look and human feel of our match simulation.
- Collaborate with other disciplines, including animations, artists, QA, producers, and other engineering teams, on both development and future planning.
- Work closely with seniors/leads and production to drive new features and set long term roadmap.
- Help research and implement new animation and simulation technologies as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Significant professional experience using C# as the main language
- Strong programming skills in C#, with knowledge of the latest standards and best practice
- Familiar with the Unity game engine
- Experience designing and developing animation systems within the games industry
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and portable code
- Good debugging and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work closely with team members across all disciplines
- Understanding of a 3D asset workflow
- Experience of mobile gaming and cross-platform development
- Knowledge of football
Invincibles Studio is a world leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 2006, Invincibles Studio is an independent games studio based primarily in Preston with a small studio in Leeds. The Invincibles Studio team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
Invincibles Studio has enjoyed sustained commercial success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated mobile games and achieve millions of downloads each year.
The Invincibles Studio team is diverse, highly talented with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
Invincibles Studio is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
- Competitive salary (DoE);
- Bonus scheme;
- 35 hour working week – flexi-time & home working;
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and a Christmas Holiday break;
- Employee benefits schemes;
- An office ‘chill out room’ with table tennis, TV and darts board;
- ‘Fun Time Friday’ once a month – the company enjoys a fun activity during the day;
- Be a key player in the development and also influence the direction of one of the UK’s biggest mobile games studios;
- Work in a friendly, non-political, professional environment with a great atmosphere;
- You’ll be encouraged to learn and develop your skills and your career with Personal Development days with paid training courses
To register your interest in being shortlisted for an interview, please send a CV with references and a portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org