Flexible Remote (2 Days Studio / 3 Days at Home)
We are looking for talented C# software engineers with a strong all-round grounding to work principally on the Soccer Manager Mobile project. These positions offer the opportunity to be an integral part of a small, close-knit team, and to take ownership of complex and interesting areas of the codebase as we look to push this fast-growing game on to the next level. Working closely with the Studio Director, Producer and Artists, the Mobile project allows you to express your game design talents as well as to engage your coding skills across the breadth of the product. You might one month be designing and implementing a brand new gameplay module (or overhauling an existing one), the next month brushing up an area of the UI or working on some match improvements – there won’t be a shortage of variety.
These positions will suit someone motivated and detail-oriented, who will be happy to use their communication skills to push the rest of the team on to improve as well as to continue developing their own knowledge. While this is a mobile project, we develop in Unity/ C# and value the skill and passion you can show us above mobile gaming experience.
- To own areas of engine code and maintain and support them across all supported platforms.
- To design and develop new gameplay functionality, principally for mobile
- Improve and maintain existing gameplay modules
- Contribute to the development of new user interface functionality
- Work with other teams at SM to help integrate shared code where necessary
- Analyse, debug and fix issues
- Work closely with artists, developers, and producers to help push our games to be better
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Significant professional experience using C# as the main language
Strong programming skills in C#, with knowledge of the latest standards and best practices
- Knowledge of football
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and portable code
- Good debugging and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work closely with team members across all disciplines
- An interest in and some knowledge of game design
- Experience of mobile gaming and cross-platform development
- Good knowledge of Unity
Invincibles Studio is a world leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 2006, Invincibles Studio is an independent games studio based primarily in Preston with a small studio in Leeds. The Invincibles Studio team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
Invincibles Studio has enjoyed sustained commercial success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated mobile games and achieve millions of downloads each year.
The Invincibles Studio team is diverse, highly talented with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
Invincibles Studio is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
- Competitive salary (DoE);
- Bonus scheme;
- 35 hour working week – flexi-time & home working;
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and a Christmas Holiday break;
- Employee benefits schemes;
- An office ‘chill out room’ with table tennis, TV and darts board;
- ‘Fun Time Friday’ once a month – the company enjoys a fun activity during the day;
- Be a key player in the development and also influence the direction of one of the UK’s biggest mobile games studios;
- Work in a friendly, non-political, professional environment with a great atmosphere;
- You’ll be encouraged to learn and develop your skills and your career with Personal Development days with paid training courses
To register your interest in being shortlisted for an interview, please send a CV with references and a portfolio to email@example.com